Newsletters Archived newsletters
Voting early is the easiest and most convenient way to cast a ballot.
Head to your Town Clerk to cast your own ballot TODAY!
Rutland County Democrats
News and Events Fall, 2012
Edited by Philippe Crane with assistance from Marcy Tanger
Thank you to all Volunteers
We are at our peak of activity right now, and there are many people to thank for all the work required to keep our events and programs rolling. We appreciate all who helped to set up and furnish headquarters and to pull off a truly grand opening. Others made food for Sidewalk Sales, for the HQ Opening and for the Singiser event. A great team set up and staffed the booth at the fair, greeting people, registering new voters and showing candidates around. Several State delegates have devoted days of travel to State meetings. Headquarters volunteers, led by our field workers, Matt, Paul and Tom are making thousands of calls and sending mailings for our candidates. Some people gave up their days to assist at the courthouse with the recount. Many are out driving and delivering pamphlets for our candidates. Most of all, we admire and thank our outstanding candidates for the huge commitments they make on our behalf. My heartfelt thanks to you all for the valuable work that you do. Keep up the great work -- we only have a few weeks to go!
Kathy Hall, Chair, Rutland County Democratic Committee
Rutland Democratic Headquarters needs volunteers to help meet our phone banking goals. Could everyone please talk with their friends and family to see if they would be able to spare some time this month to help in the office? I understand phone calling is not everyone’s favorite, however the more people we get to help with phone banking the more opportunities we'll have for data entry which is just as important - the calls won’t be counted if they're not input to our VAN database! There are also other jobs for volunteers so please call. Thanks for everything you do.
Matt Gilson, Field Organizer, office: 802.772.7949, cell: 802.265.1029.
· Don't forget to stop by HQ to pick up lawn signs and information on the candidates.
· Remember to pick up the lawn signs immediately after the election or the highway department takes them.
Rutland County Democratic Committee October Meeting—Monday October 15 @ Rutland County Democratic Headquarters, 22 Center St Rutland. Doors open at 6:15 pm; meeting convenes at 6:30 pm. Refreshments will be available. The meeting is open to all. Topics include:
· Discussion with Democratic Candidates
· Rutland Halloween Parade Planning
· Executive Committee Elections
· Update of get-out-the-vote activities
Other Upcoming Events:
· Please join special guests Senators Bob Hartwell, Claire Ayer and President Pro-
Tempore John Campbell at the Carris home Monday, October 8th 5:30pm-7pm to benefit the
VT Senate Victory Campaign. For more information, please contact: Alex Tracy at (802) 598-
9659 or RSVP bit.ly/ Suggested donations $25, $50 or $75.
· Meet State Treasurer Beth Pearce at Bill Carris’ home 1450 Clarendon Ave W Rutland, October 17, from 5:30 to 7. Here’s your chance to meet our wonderful candidate and help her fight back against the Super Pac ads and push polling her opponent has launched. Beth has been targeted by Tayt Brooks millionaire-funded Republican Super PAC "Vermonters First." There have been robocalls and letters making false claims. Beth is a great candidate, a wonderful Treasurer and was one of the reasons that the state was able to recover so quickly from Irene; also VT has the highest bond rating in New England. Please help Beth by telling others how lucky Vermont is to have her as treasurer and encourage people to vote for her.
RSVP to Jake Brennan 609-558-9222 email@example.com
· Countdown to Victory Rally Saturday, October 20, 2012, Trapp family Lodge Stowe, VT Featuring: Senator Patrick Leahy, Senator Bernie Sanders Congressman Peter Welch, Governor Peter Shumlin Former Governor Madeleine Kunin and many others RSVP online bit.ly/vermontvictory2012 For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-578-7250
· Rutland Halloween Parade October 27! Please join us to march in the parade. Call Dem HQ at 772-7949 and we will call you back with specifics.
· Voter File training—time and date TBA --- anyone interested should call the HQ at 772-7949 and we will call you back with the date/time of the training.
· Election Night Celebration—Tuesday Nov 6 from 7 -10 pm at Three Tomatoes Restaurant. 88 Merchants Row, Rutland. Light refreshments will be served.
· Check the web site for photos of past events and newly scheduled ones.
Wonderful items available at the Rutland County Headquarters:
· Posters of our President with the wording “Obamacares.” This picture was taken by Mount Holly resident Joan McCallum when the president was visiting earlier in the year. Cost: $15.
· Stainless steel water bottles that say ‘Go Green’ with our website. Remember, plastic bottles take 700 years to begin composting, 38 million plastic water bottles go to the dump per year in USA, 24 million gallons of oil are needed to produce a billion plastic bottles. Help save the environment! Cost: $5 for volunteers, $8 for others. This is a great price!
New Districting Map for State Representatives is shown in the chart below. Further information and details for each district can be found at http://www.leg.state.vt.us/Reapportionment/HouseDistricts01.cfm
Call HQ at 772-7949 if you have any questions about your district’s changes. The towns whose districts have changed are:
Brandon: Candidate -- Stephen Carr
Ira: no Democratic candidate on the ballot
Mount Holly: Democratic candidate -- Eldred French
Tinmouth: Democratic candidates -- Dave Potter and Ken Fredette
Wallingford: Democratic candidates -- Dave Potter and Ken Fredette
This is a very important election. Be sure you vote and remind others to vote as well!
Send mail to webmaster with questions or comments about this web site. Click here to search the site Last modified: 10/18/12